At Swalve Properties, we want you to have a memorable, safe, and fun experience when staying at one of our vacation rental homes. It is our hope that with this detailed policy page, you’ll feel confident and prepared to have the best time possible. We urge you to take a look through our policies to answer many of the questions you might have about renting with us, as well as answering questions pertaining to the local ordinances.
The person making the reservation, the principal guest, must be at least 25 years of age, and must occupy the rental property the entire term of the reservation. Proper identification might be required if the age of the principal guest comes in to question. If the principal guest, is under the age of 25, the individual and any subsequent guests will not be allowed to check-in, nor stay, and a refund will not be issued. This is not to say that the principal guest cannot leave the home at all, only that the principal guest can not rent the home for others without the intention of being present for the time the home is rented.
Check-in & Check-out Times:
Check In: 4:00 PM
Check Out: 10:00 AM
*Due to the additional cleaning & disinfecting guidelines due to Covid-19, our check in and checkout times have changed to 4pm check in and 10am check out. We apologize for the inconvenience, but our priority is the health & safety of our guests.
We will meet you on site to give you access to the house. Should we be unable to meet you on location for your arrival, we will email or message you the lockbox access code no sooner than 24 hours before your arrival. Please let us know 24 hours prior to your arrival your estimated arrival time. Should that time change, please message us to give us an updated arrival time.
***Make sure to message us upon arrival and departure! The last thing we want to do is track you down at 9:00pm on a Friday night, but we will. We want to ensure your safe arrival, as well as know you have left so housekeeping may begin preparing for our next guests.
Early/Late Check-ins & Check-outs:
The availability for an early check in is dependent upon whether the housekeeping team has had time to fully clean, sanitize, and prepare the home for your arrival. If other guests are checking out the same day your reservation begins, we cannot guarantee an early check in. Please notify us prior to the day of your arrival, and as soon as possible if you believe you will be requesting an early check in so we may prioritize housekeeping services at your rental.
Reservation deposit of 25% of the total rental cost is required to confirm reservation. There is a $75 non-refundable administrative fee when booked through our website, and rental platforms will apply a mandatory refundable property damage protection plan that is refunded through the platform upon checkout so long as there is no damage reported to the property. It can take the platforms up to 14 days to process the property damage protection refund. The remaining rental amount is due 30 days before your stay. Reservations made after 5 PM CST will be confirmed the next business day. Reservations made within 30 days of arrival, your full balance will be due otherwise your balance is due 30 days before your arrival date.
***Various platforms, such as VRBO, AirBnb, TripAdvisor, etc. may have different requirements regarding deposits and payments.
Pricing for Additional Guests at Riverside Retreat Only:
We have our pricing for Riverside Retreat set for 4 guests to keep prices competitive, & lower for smaller groups. As the group size increases, so do utilities & complimentary items provided such as toilet paper, coffee, propane, etc. For this reason, Riverside Retreat’s rates are based on a four person occupancy with an additional $15 per person, per night fee for additional persons beyond four.
Unpaid guests are not permitted without permission. Misrepresentation of the number of occupants could result in being asked to vacate the property without a refund. No visitors, tents, travel trailers, or RV’s are allowed on any property unless pre-approved.
We do not allow extra day guests, nor overnight guests at our properties. The maximum sleeping capacity is the maximum number of guests allowed. If you have more guests on site than that which you reserved, you will be asked to vacate the property immediately regardless of whether or not your reservation is complete.
Pets are not allowed at our properties.
For website reservations and AirBnB reservations: Free cancellation for 48 hours, as long as the guest cancels at least 14 days before check-in (time shown in the confirmation email). After that, guests can cancel up to 7 days before check-in and get a 50% refund of the nightly rate, and the cleaning fee, but not the service fee, and/or administrative fee. If the guest cancels less than 7 days in advance or decides to leave early after check-in, the nights not spent are not refunded.
For VRBO reservations: 100% refund if cancelled at least 30 days before check-in. 50% refund (minus the service fee) if cancelled at least 14 days before check-in. No refund if cancelled less than 14 days before check-in, or the guest decides to leave early after check-in.
Bella Vista P.O.A. guest passes:
We offer complimentary guest passes to patrons staying at our two Bella Vista vacation rental homes. The guest passes allow our guests the ability to use the amenities provided by the P.O.A. such as the fitness facilities, swimming pools, boat rentals at the marina, and more. It takes the P.O.A. 7-10 days to approve, print, and mail the guest passes. We then leave the passes in your rental for you prior to your arrival.
We will ask for the names of the guests in your party once your rental reservation is confirmed at our property so we may apply for a guest pass for each guest. If you do not provide us with this information, or if your reservation is 10 or fewer days away at the time of booking, we cannot guarantee the guest passes will be available for your group.
We cannot guarantee a digital email copy of your guest pass prior to your arrival, per P.O.A. guidelines.
The marina will not reserve a boat rental without a member card or guest pass. You may not be able to reserve a boat until your arrival.
Cleaning Fee Policy:
We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rental properties. We take the standards for cleanliness very seriously, and are following the enhanced CDC COVID-19 cleaning guidelines closely. We’re taking additional steps to improve the safety of our guests. For these reasons, we require a $225.00 non-refundable cleaning fee for Riverside Retreat. Emerald Shores Villa requires a $275.00 non-refundable cleaning fee, and Cedar Lodge requires a $460.00 non-refundable cleaning fee.
A $75 non-refundable booking fee is required for all Swalve Properties vacation rental homes.
Rescheduling Cancelled Reservations:
If for any reason you have to cancel your Swalve Properties vacation rental home reservation, re-book within 12 months of your cancellation and Swalve Properties will waive the $75 booking fee!
Cancellation Due To Mother Nature:
Should the home that you have reserved become uninhabitable due to an act of mother nature, there will be exceptions made to our cancellation policy. Please contact us with any concerns, and we will do our best to get your vacation rescheduled, or your payment refunded.
Lost, Stolen, or Damaged Personal Property:
Swalve Properties is not responsible lost, stolen, or damaged personal property of our guests. Should guests lose, steal, or damage our property, they will be subject to a loss of their refundable damage deposit.
Underage Alcohol Consumption:
Under no circumstance will underage drinking be tolerated.
Riverside Retreat in Noel, MO has limited parking. There is parking available for three to four sedans, or two to three economy vans in front of the cabin. Parking in the road, &/or on the neighbors property is prohibited. If you need additional parking, please notify us. A neighbor has graciously given us to use his lot for parking on a permission only basis & we need to notify him in advance.
Outdoor Fire and Grill Policy:
All fires are to be confined to the burn barrels, fire pits, or a grills located on site. It is the responsibility of the guests to check for any local burn bans before lighting a fire of any kind.
Please do not bring firewood from out of state or region. The current Missouri firewood quarantine restricts the movement of hardwood firewood out of Missouri. Firewood is free to move within the state, but officials strongly recommend not moving firewood more than 50 miles from where it was harvested to reduce the risk of spreading invasive pests. Contact the US Department of Agriculture APHIS PPQ office for further details of other regulated articles.
*We strive to keep full propane tanks for the grills at all of our rentals. However, if our previous guests use all of the propane and do not notify us that it is out, we might not know that the tank is empty. In this case, it is the responsibility of the guests to purchase additional propane gas, or exchange one of our tanks on the property if propane is desired.
Cedar Lodge: 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
Emerald Shores Villa: 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
Riverside Retreat: 12:00 a.m. to 7 a.m.
Respect for Neighbors:
We ask that you show respect for the neighbors at our rentals,. Please observe the noise curfew(s). No ATVs, gas powered buggies, golf carts, firearms, or fireworks (except during allowed times) are allowed. Do not harm or cut trees in any way. Speed limit on the gravel road in Noel is 5 miles per hour.
ATVs, UTVs, Etc.:
Guests must follow all state & local laws regarding the operation and use of ATVs, UTVs, etc. The operation of ATVs/UTVs is prohibited on our properties, and in our neighborhoods.
Smoking is not permitted in our properties. Smoking is permitted outside, please do not discard cigarette butts on the grounds.
For our Bella Vista properties, the rules are as follows:
On the dates of July 3 through July 5 between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 12:00 midnight and on December 31 beginning at 6:00 p.m. through 1:00 a.m. on January 1 of each year, the use of fireworks shall be permitted, with the exception of any aerial fireworks device attached to a stick commonly referred to as a “bottle rocket,” or any other similar device, regardless of its name.
For our Noel property the rules are as follows:
Fireworks season, the period beginning on the 20th day of June and continuing through the 10th day of July of the same year and the period beginning on the 20th day of December and continuing through the second day of January of the next year.
Arkansas and Missouri Boating Laws and Regulations:
Personal Watercraft (e.g. Jetskis): Personal watercraft and seaplanes are prohibited on all Bella Vista P.O.A. lakes.
Bringing A Personal Boat to Loch Lomond:
The POA allows visitors with guest cards to use their own non-motorized, and motorized boats on the lakes of Bella Vista. The boat(s) must be registered with the state of Arkansas. A temporary one week POA permit is issued at Lake Point Marina on Lake Loch Lomond, or by calling the Lake Rangers at (479) 855-5148. The Lake Rangers will come to your rental house to assess and register your boat(s). The cost for the one week permit is $17 for non-motorized vessels, and $82 for motorized.
Missouri Water Patrol Laws/Policies:
- No illegal drugs, public intoxication, possession of alcohol by minors, or public displays of nudity.
- Any form of polystyrene food and beverage coolers are not allowed.
- Excessively loud stereo or radio equipment that intrudes on family activities or disrupts others is strictly prohibited and Rangers will be using audio decibel equipment to locate and cite violators. This also includes the use of air horns, or other excessively loud devices are also not allowed.
- Watercraft operators are required to have an appropriate personal floatation device for each person on board. All life saving devices required by state statute shall be United States Coast Guard approved, in serviceable condition, and so placed as to be readily accessible. Using a personal flotation device to lash or tie watercraft together would not be considered accessible.
- The law requires anyone under the age of seven who is on board any watercraft on the waters of this state to wear a personal floatation device approved by the United StatesCoast Guard
- The use of beer bongs or other drinking devices used to consume alcohol on the rivers of this state is prohibited. A ‘beer bong’ includes any device that is intended and designed for the rapid consumption or intake of an alcoholic beverage, including but not limited to funnels, tubes, hoses, and modified containers with additional vents. Additionally, no person shall possess or use any large volume alcohol containers which hold more than four gallons of an alcoholic beverage on Missouri’s rivers.
Lake Loch Lomond Policies:
- The POA allows visitors with guest cards to use their own non-motorized and motorized boats on the lakes of Bella Vista. The boat(s) must be registered with the state of Arkansas. A temporary one week POA permit is issued at Lake Point Marina on Lake Loch Lomond, or by calling the Lake Rangers at (479) 855-5148. The Lake Rangers will come to your rental house to assess and register your boat(s). The cost for the one week permit is $17 for non-motorized vessels, and $82 for motorized. *Personal water crafts (jet skis, seadoos, etc.) are STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
- Children 12 and younger may not operate a boat powered by more than 10 horsepower except under the direct and audible supervision of a parent, guardian or other person 17 or older.
- Operation of a watercraft under the influence of alcohol or drugs is prohibited. Arkansas law, pursuant to alcoholic beverages and open containers, apply to boats, as well as motor vehicles. The Bella Vista lakes have a zero tolerance policy regarding alcoholic beverages.
- Operation at such a rate of speed as to create a hazardous wake or wash upon approaching or passing vessels is prohibited. Operation at a speed exceeding 5 mph “idle speed” within 150 feet of a designated recreation area, dock, pier, raft, float, boat, dam intake structure or other obstruction is prohibited.
- Children 12 and younger must wear a Personal Flotation Device (PFD) at all times while aboard a boat. The only exception is when they are within the railings of a party barge while these boats are not under way. Once these boats are under way, children must wear a Type I, II, III or V PFD.
- A person being towed on water skis, aquaplanes or similar devices must wear a Type I, II, III or V PFD. Boats towing persons on water skis or similar devices must have, in addition to the driver, an observer at least 12 or older or a wide angle convex marine mirror to observe the person being towed.
- Operation of any vessel, water skis or similar devices in a reckless or negligent manner so as to endanger the life, limb or property of any person is prohibited.