At Swalve Properties we want you to have the most memorable, safe, and fun experience when you visit our rental homes! It is our hope that with this detailed policy page, you’ll feel confident and prepared to have the best time possible. We urge you to take a look through this policy list to cover any questions you might have about renting any of our Swalve Property vacation rental homes, as well as questions about the local ordinances!
The person making the reservation, the principal guest, must be at least 25 years of age and must occupy the rental property the entire term of the reservation. Proper identification is required to check-in to the home. If the principal guest who made the reservation is under the age of 25, the individual and guests will not be allowed to check-in and no refund will be issued. This is not to say that the principal guest can not leave the home at all, only that the principal guest can not rent the home for others without the intention of being present for the time the home is rented.
Check-in & Check-out Times:
Check In: 4:00 PM
Check Out: 10:00 AM
***The availability for an early check in is dependent upon whether the housekeeping team has had time to fully clean, sanitize, and prepare the home for your arrival. If other guests are checking out the same day your reservation begins, we cannot guarantee an early check in. Please notify us prior to the day of your arrival, and as soon as possible if you believe you will be requesting an early check in so we may prioritize housekeeping services at your rental.
Reservation deposit of 25% of the rental cost to ensure reservation. There is also a $75 security deposit to be refunded after your vacation – so long as there’s no damage to repair. The remaining rental amount is due 30 days before your stay. Reservations made after 5 PM CST will be confirmed the next business day. Reservations made within 30 days of arrival, your full balance will be due otherwise your balance is due 30 days before your arrival date. After hours and special events require full payment in advance. All rates based on double occupancy. $15 per person per night additional.
If your reservation needs canceled, the cancellation must be made at least 30 days before arrival date for a 100% refund. If canceled at least 14 days before arrival date there will be a 50% refund.
A $25 booking fee is required for all Swalve Properties vacation rental homes.
Rescheduling Cancelled Reservations:
If for any reason you have to cancel your Swalve Properties vacation rental home reservation, re-book within 12 months of your cancellation and Swalve Properties will wave the $25 booking fee!
Cleaning Fee Policy:
Swalve Properties rental homes prides itself on the cleanliness of our rental properties! We take the standards for cleanliness very seriously. We are following the enhanced CDC COVID-19 cleaning guidelines closely and are taking additional steps to improve the safety of our guests. For these reasons, we require a $150.00 non-refundable cleaning fee for the Edgewater Escape and the Riverside Retreat properties. The Emerald Shores Villa requires a $250.00 non-refundable cleaning fee. No need for you to worry about cleaning after the perfect vacation, when you rent your vacation home with Swalve Properties!
A minimum charge of $125.00 will incur for lost keys. We cannot be responsible for lost or forgotten items. Please double check that you haven’t forgotten any of your personal items before departure. In the case that you have, please contact us immediately so we may alert housekeeping to be on the lookout for your item(s). We will do our best to find your item(s), and return them to you, however some items might require a shipping fee based on size/weight.
Cancellation Due To Mother Nature:
Here in the Ozarks especially, Mother Nature is known for doing whatever it is she wants to, whether we want her to or not! If the Swalve Properties home that you reserved is caught up in a river or lake flooding, making it impossible for you and yours to enjoy the fine amenities that Swalve Properties and Mother Nature herself have provided for your reservation time, there will be exceptions made in the cancellation policy. Please contact Swalve Properties management if there are concerns with this, and we will do our best to get your family vacation rescheduled to a safer and more fun, reserved time!
All campfires are to be confined in burn barrels, fire pits, or a barbeque grill. Be sure to check for any local burn bans before lighting your fire, as our policies come second to county and region policies!
Your Swalve Property vacation rental homes in Bella Vista, Arkansas and Noel, Missouri are nestled on wonderful properties! Due to state, and city noise ordinances, the quiet time (the time where there is no exceptionally loud, or disruptive noise permitted) varies between our properties.
In Bella Vista, the quiet time ordinance for Emerald Shores is set from 11 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. Edgewater Escape is set from 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. The quiet hours for Riverside Retreat in Noel are set from midnight to 7 a.m.
Again, the policies vary because our properties are in different locations! For our Bella Vista properties the rules are as follows: On the dates of July 3 through July 5 between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 12:00 midnight and on December 31 beginning at 6:00 p.m. through 1:00 a.m. on January 1 of each year, the use of fireworks shall be permitted, with the exception of any aerial fireworks device attached to a stick commonly referred to as a “bottle rocket,” or any other similar device, regardless of its name. For our Noel property the rules are as follows: Fireworks season, the period beginning on the 20th day of June and continuing through the 10th day of July of the same year and the period beginning on the 20th day of December and continuing through the second day of January of the next year.
Swalve Properties wants every single one of our guests to have a fun, and safe time! We also hope to see you back every year! It is for this reason that we have included some of the Missouri Water Patrol laws and policies; to cover any questions you may have about the rules and regulations with the Elk River. We have also included the same information for Lake Loch Lomond in Bella Vista. Take a look through these state and regional laws and policies, to inform and educate yourself for all the right reasons, most importantly, to make sure you have the best time you can while vacationing with Swalve Properties!
Missouri Water Patrol Laws/Policies:
- No illegal drugs, public intoxication, possession of alcohol by minors, or public displays of nudity
- Any form of polystyrene food and beverage coolers are not allowed.
- Excessively loud stereo or radio equipment that intrudes on family activities or disrupts others is strictly prohibited and Rangers will be using audio decibel equipment to locate and cite violators. This also includes the use of air horns, or other excessively loud devices are also not allowed.
- Watercraft operators are required to have an appropriate personal floatation device for each person on board. All life saving devices required by state statute shall be United States Coast Guard approved, in serviceable condition, and so placed as to be readily accessible. Using a personal flotation device to lash or tie watercraft together would not be considered accessible.
- The law requires anyone under the age of seven who is on board any watercraft on the waters of this state to wear a personal floatation device approved by the United StatesCoast Guard
- The use of beer bongs or other drinking devices used to consume alcohol on the rivers of this state is prohibited. A ‘beer bong’ includes any device that is intended and designed for the rapid consumption or intake of an alcoholic beverage, including but not limited to funnels, tubes, hoses, and modified containers with additional vents. Additionally, no person shall possess or use any large volume alcohol containers which hold more than four gallons of an alcoholic beverage on Missouri’srivers.
Lake Loch Lomond Policies:
- The POA allows visitors with guest cards to use their own non-motorized and motorized boats on the lakes of Bella Vista. The boat(s) must be registered with the state of Arkansas. A temporary one week POA permit is issued at Lake Point Marina on Lake Loch Lomond, or by calling the Lake Rangers at (479) 855-5148. The Lake Rangers will come to your rental house to assess and register your boat(s). The cost for the one week permit is $17 for non-motorized vessels, and $82 for motorized. *Personal water crafts (jet skis, seadoos, etc.) are STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
- Children 12 and younger may not operate a boat powered by more than 10 horsepower except under the direct and audible supervision of a parent, guardian or other person 17 or older.
- Operation of a watercraft under the influence of alcohol or drugs is prohibited. Arkansas law, pursuant to alcoholic beverages and open containers, apply to boats, as well as motor vehicles. The Bella Vista lakes have a zero tolerance policy regarding alcoholic beverages.
- Operation at such a rate of speed as to create a hazardous wake or wash upon approaching or passing vessels is prohibited. Operation at a speed exceeding 5 mph “idle speed” within 150 feet of a designated recreation area, dock, pier, raft, float, boat, dam intake structure or other obstruction is prohibited.
- Children 12 and younger must wear a Personal Flotation Device (PFD) at all times while aboard a boat. The only exception is when they are within the railings of a party barge while these boats are not under way. Once these boats are under way, children must wear a Type I, II, III or V PFD.
- A person being towed on water skis, aquaplanes or similar devices must wear a Type I, II, III or V PFD. Boats towing persons on water skis or similar devices must have, in addition to the driver, an observer at least 12 or older or a wide angle convex marine mirror to observe the person being towed.
- Operation of any vessel, water skis or similar devices in a reckless or negligent manner so as to endanger the life, limb or property of any person is prohibited.
Swalve Properties management thanks you for taking the time to read this important information! This information was provided for our guests in hopes that you have any inquiry satisfied, as well as to keep each one of our guests educated and safe. Please use this information to enjoy the beautiful nature surrounding our Swalve Property homes as well as the homes themselves, in a safe, lawful, responsible and respectful manner!